This June, join Sean Donahue and Murphy Robinson for a community pilgrimage to Ireland dedicated to investigating and embodying wild sovereignty!
In old Irish tradition, sovereignty arose from being wedded to the land, and healing and wisdom flowed from wells fed by wild springs with their source in the Otherworld. With the land and the water and the Oak and the Deer as our primary teachers, we will explore themes of sovereignty, community, reciprocity, and the sacred hunt through ritual, somatic meditations, storytelling, poetry, intuitive archery, and walks through a rare remnant of the Oak forest that once covered much of Ireland.
Where will we be? And what will we do?
This pilgrimage will take place at Crann Og Ecofarm in Galway, Ireland. Crann Og gives us a home for the week on 14 acres of hand-tended natural gardens, trees, and sculpted living willow fedges, arches, and domes. Our hosts will cook us three delicious local-food meals each day, and can accomodate many common dietary restrictions. From this home base we will explore the oak and hazel forests of Galway.
We have designed this trip for 10 to 18 participants, and we will spend our days connecting to the landscape, listening to Sean tell stories from Irish folklore, practicing a meditative form of Instinctive Archery with Murphy, and exploring what the land and stories have to teach us about sovereignty and right action in today’s world. There will also be unstructured time for your personal spiritual practice and time with the land.
Dates, Pricing, and Travel
Dates: June 3-9, 2018
- Transportation from Shannon Airport to our program site at Crann Og Ecofarm
- All meals during the week (vegetarian, ovo-lacto, vegan, dairy/gluten free and reasonable range of food allergies catered for)
- Accomodation in a Yurt, Cabin, or Canvas Bell Tent (including bed linen, heating, and eco-friendly toiletries)
- Lessons, Stories, and Adventures with Murphy and Sean during your stay
- Transportation back to Shannon Airport at the end of our program
What’s Not Included:
- Airfare and other travel costs to arrive at Shannon Airport.
Travel: Please meet us at Shannon International Airport in Ireland for group transportation to our program site.
To register, go to http://www.mountainsongexpeditions.com/ireland.html